So I’m heading for New York this weekend (tomorrow!) and here is my list of places I hope to hit while I’m there (in no particular order):
- Hair Kuwayama: I haven’t tried it, but I’ve heard great thing about this salon on Yelp. I have a mind to try this hairstyle… but we’ll see how it goes and I’ll report back!
- Peter Lugers: Since steak is one of my all time favourite savory food, I simply must pay my respects to this legendary steak house! This trip, I finally managed to get a reservation!
- Chikalicious: The latest hotspot for dessert I’m told.
- Dessert Truck: Fining dining desserts on a truck. This is my kind of street food!
- Sweet Revenge: Just because the DABA girls said so.
- Pastis: A NYC experience wouldn’t be the same without brunch.
- Bloomingdales: Just because of the F&F event this weekend and there’s less sales tax in NYC compared to Chicago
- Top Shop: Even though there aren’t any great sample sales this weekend, I will hopefully be able to pick something up here- given that there’s no longer a line getting in!
- Lady M: The Mille Crepes look divine…..
- The Frick Collection: Since I’m sure the Met would be packed, I thought the Frick will be a bit different. Plus, the garden looks amazing.
- Ippudo: I’m not sure why Japanese ramen and yakitori is so popular in NYC, but I heard it’s worth the wait in line!
- K Town: For some lychee soju (at this bar you have to go up the elevator for, but I forgot the name) and maybe some Pink Berry? I still have not tried the magic of Pink Berry yet!
- Crumbs: Better than Magnolia? We’ll see….
- Magnolia: Just for old times sake, I think the icing is a tiniest bit too sweet! Maybe this time I’ll try the banana pudding instead.
- WD-50: According to Tina over at Fashion Prospectress, they have an impressive 5 course dessert tasting menu there
I fear my stomach stomach will not be able to handle all this!